TIPS & TOOLS
Use Your Facebook Fan Page To Market Your Business
by Diane Cunningham
Your Facebook Fan Page is now an essential tool for marketing your business. If you don’t already have one, create one today. Strive to build loving relationships each day and genuinely connect with others. Here are a few ways you can build your tribe on your Facebook fan page:
- Share quotes and company facts. As you come across inspiring quotes by Walt Disney, Zig Ziglar, or other successful people, write them down in a journal or on Post-it Notes, or save them in a Word document. Post them each week on your Facebook Fan Page to empower and motivate your fans. Share facts about your company with your fans, such as what originally led you to start your business or what inspired your company logo. Offer value; give your fans a good reason to keep coming back to your page and your website. Plug in these quotes and facts ahead of time for 90 days. Use HootSuite to pre-post on Facebook and Twitter – but make sure you’re interacting frequently with your fans.
- Resources. Did you just read a great book on mobile marketing this weekend, hear about a free webinar on the importance of branding for small businesses, or find out about a new, cool gadget that you can use in your business? Share it with your fans. Be a fountain of knowledge and practical resources for your fans. Learn, keep learning, and teach others what you learn.
- Tips. People love tips. Today everyone is busy and they just want to skim things quickly. Tips are a quick way to give bite-sized, useful, relevant info. If you have a dog training business, share “10 Tips To Keep Your Dog From Eating Your Furniture” on your fan page. If you have an organizing business, share 5 practical tips with your fans for how to de-clutter and organize an incredibly messy home office. If you see an article with tips that you loved, grab the link and post it on Facebook.
- Promotions, Sales, Special Offers. Have a one-day special sale, and give a secret code to only your Facebook fans. They can get the price as long as the sale lasts. Use your Facebook page as a way of drawing fans to your blog, a sales page, or a video on YouTube. Think of your fan page as another way to get your important message out there (with amplified results!), inviting people to come and find out more about you. Let your fans know about your special offers that are only for them. Use coupon codes to get them to your site. Give them extra-special treatment for being your fans, letting them know how much you appreciate them.
- Link to your blog/website/YouTube page.Your Facebook Fan Page is simply a tool, not the end-all. Your goal is to point them toward your website, your blog, your main hub. Be sure to include links to your blog posts, live event and new product/service announcements, and your YouTube videos on your fan page. Let them see everything you have going on and don’t be afraid that you’re sharing it too often! You are building your name and your credibility. Give your tribe great content and great value. Don’t waste your potential by hiding or being quiet, but show up. Get the word out about who you are and what you offer, for God’s glory. Take steps in a bigger, bolder way to fulfill your God-given purpose. It’s your time!