Tips & Tools
7 Tips For Types Of Posts On Facebook
With Facebook’s more than 750 million active users, we as entrepreneurs need to take advantage of it for our businesses. What seems like “play” on Facebook can actually be for your work – simply connecting with others. But how do you effectively do that? You may wonder what types of posts you can use on Facebook. Here are 7 tips:
- Quotes. What are your favorite inspirational quotes? Buy a book of quotes or start your own journal of inspiring quotes, then share them with others. Ask family and friends for their favorite inspirational or motivating quotes. Begin keeping a collection of quotes that speak to your heart and that you can use to sow encouraging seeds.
- Tips and Tools. People love lists. Share 3 techniques to help a dog owner for his dog misbehaving, or 5 Tips For Creating a Viral Video. What are some tools that have helped your business? Provide practical, interesting posts that will help your tribe and that they will enjoy.
- Questions or Fill In The Blank posts. Jo Ann Fore is a master of this at her Facebook page, www.facebook.com/WriteWhereItHurts. You want lots of interaction from your tribe. Give them an opportunity to get to know you and get to know them, too. Listen. What are they saying? What’s important to them? What matters most to them?
- Funny posts. You want to give lots of valuable, meaty content, but don’t forget to lighten things up sometimes, too. Listen, love, and laugh! Share jokes, funny quotes or goofy videos, or something amusing that happened to you at the coffee shop. Look for the funny things each day. Have fun and just be you!
- Special Offers You want to share your important message that God has given you with the world. How will they know about you and what you offer if you’re not telling them? Are you excited or embarrassed about what you offer? Stop hiding! Tell them that your ebook is on sale this week or that if they sign up for your online class now, they can use a coupon code to get a discount.
- Success Story. Do you have a client with a great testimonial about your product or service? Encourage her to write a testimonial or a blog post or record a short video clip about it, so you can post it on your business page to build buzz and your credibility. Or you can share your own success story. Others want to know that you aren’t perfect. Be vulnerable and transparent, take a risk, tell about your mistakes, but how you kept persevering to reach your dreams. Inspire them!
- “My favorite things” or “Things we love”.You have heard of the Know, Like, Trust factor. Your followers and fans want to get to know the real you – how you love going to Starbucks, and Fuzzy’s Taco Shop, or that you dislike this 103 heat. Post pics of your pet and tell them about her antics. Tell people you loved attending their Facebook party (like Mary Kate’s!) or how much you love and appreciate your mastermind group of friends.
Facebook is a place to gather, to connect, and to build treasured relationships. Use this powerful tool of social media to make new friends, to attract new people into your tribe, and to increase your reach for God.