Tips & Tools
Tips For Creating a Life You Love
By Diane Cunningham
Are you living a life that you love? Or wandering aimlessly? What areas are going well and what areas of your life need a tune-up? I want to share with you 7 simple tips for creating a life that you love.
Just like any journey we attempt, life improvement takes time. Allow yourself time to make mistakes and keep moving down the path. The path you walk impacts you, your family, your friends, your colleagues, and people that you haven’t even met yet. You are leaving a legacy….what is it?
- Speak your Truth: Get Honest! What is your truth? Let’s get real here. Where are you? What areas of your life need improvement? Is it your relationships, your money, your health, or your career?
- Uncover your Heart: Get Vulnerable! Who are you and what are you hiding? In order to make some changes, we have to be vulnerable and take off our mask. Be willing to do this. Ask for help if you need it. Change happens when you are willing to get out of your comfort zone.
- Write your Story: Get Transparent! What is in your autobiography? Who are the key players? We are all writing a story with our life. Each day counts and someone is, or will be, reading the “book” about our life. What lessons would someone learn from reading the book about you? Start by writing down 5-10 life lessons you have learned over the years. Share them with someone you love.
- Prepare your Plan: Get Clarity! What is your plan? Where are you going? If you take a trip, you need to know where you are going. You may use a GPS to help you drive, but what about your life plan? Begin to create a “life plan” by writing down your goals for this year, 5 years from now, 10 years.
- Find your Tribe: Get Connected! Who is on your support team? What groups, teams, or people will be key players as you create a life that you love? It is crucial that we connect with others who have the skills and knowledge that we need. They help us as we make our way down the path so that we don’t get lost.
- Act fast now; Get Moving! What move are you making? What will you change? In order to create a new life, we have to MOVE. We have to take action, instead of just “talking” about it. We also need to move our body with some exercise. What and how will you get moving?
- Celebrate your Life: Get Inspired! What do you have to celebrate and be grateful for? If you make changes, how will you celebrate? How can you keep walking this path to maintain the inspiration? We often reach a goal or a milestone, and barely take a breath, before moving forward again. I urge you to take a moment to celebrate the journey and acknowledge the steps you have taken.
These tips are simple, but they aren’t easy. A life that you love is truly worth working for. As Alexander Woolcott said, “There is no such thing in anyone’s life as an unimportant day.” Take one inspired step after another!