Tips & Tools
5 Tips For the Best Social Media Results, Part 2
by Diane Cunningham
In yesterday’s post, we discussed how social media is a vital tool for your business’ success and 5 tips to get the best results with social media. Today here are 5 more tips for how to best use social media:
- Take photos. People love pictures. If you are a hairdresser, one way you can use photos is before and after pictures. You can show a cute new cut, updos for weddings, a great highlight job. With Desirae Shawn’s organizing business, she can take before and after photos of how to organize-client success photos. Images speak to people. On my Facebook page, I posted a “Courage” wall plaque. Employers can take pics of their staff or their leadership team. Churches and non-profits can take photos of important events. Use photos to build connections with people. Facebook is a free resource. Use it to full capacity.
- Use video. You may have seen my funny carrot message video on YouTube. Just be yourself, be you. Record videos of yourself, colleagues, wherever you go. To share one of my secrets, I normally record three to four videos at a time. I change my clothes in between each video. Don’t be afraid to video yourself. Relax, have fun. Nobody expects or wants perfection. Just share your important message with the world. Go and create your YouTube video page today.
- Create events. You want to let people know what events you have coming up. To create an event on your Facebook fan page, look on the left side of your page and you will see a list of items, such as “Wall, Info, Events, Poll, etc.” Click on “Events.” Then click on “Create An Event.” You will be asked the date, what event, who you’re invting, and the other vital info to help you promote your exciting event. Events are a great way to get the word out about your business, products, and services.
- Check your Facebook numbers. On the back side of your Facebook administrative tabs, you will find your Facebook page insights. Keep track of it. Promote your page. Grow your fans from 100 to 200, then to 300, 500, and 1,000. For your Facebook profile, you only are allowed 5,000 friends. But for your Facebook fan page, you can have an unlimited number of fans. Build conversations. I can see from my Facebook fan page insights that I have 69 fans from Canada. In the U.S., there are 93 people from Dallas, TX, and 92% of the fans are females. This is important information. You may want to keep a record of this info to understand more about your business and your growing tribe.
- Have fun. That’s what it’s all about! Connect, share info, have a free call. Facebook is a freeway to meet new
friends. Speak out loud on social media sites. I see too many people who are silent on Facebook, just lurking. Have a conversation. Ask questions-“What is your favorite restaurant?” or “Are you a morning person or a night person?” Engage. You learn by playing on Facebook. If you make a mistake, you can delete it on Facebook. Open your mouth, share, post funny tips. Enjoy the wild ride.
Be a roving reporter. Ask questions. Learn from others. Build relationships and love others. Spread good things, the good news you have to share with others. Your business is a gift from God.