Tips & Tools
5 Tips For Best Results With Social Media
by Diane Cunningham
Social media is here to stay and is a powerful tool to aid your business’ success. Here are some tips to get the best results with Facebook, Twitter, and other social media sites:
- Get a Facebook fan page for your business. This is essential! Maybe you’re thinking, “I don’t have any fans.” We all start out at 0 fans, but you build fans from family, friends, and colleageus. You have to reach 25 fans to get a user name. I created a NACWE fan page before NACWE officially began to build buzz. You can do this with your business, too.
- Tagging on Facebook. One of the most popular features on Facebook is tagging, which gives you the ability to identify and reference people in photos, videos and notes. It’s a way to let people know who and what you’re talking about. Tag a person or a company’s name. You want to tag colleagues and friends. Tell them thank you, I appreciate you. For example, I tagged Fuzzy’s Taco Shop on Facebook when I had chips and salsa there. To tag someone, when you’re writing a status update and want to add a friend’s name to something you are posting, just include the “@” symbol beforehand. As you type the name of what you would like to reference, a drop-down menu will appear that allows you to choose from your list of friends and other connections.
- Be real. Be authentic. Share your experiences with others. Have relationships with your clients by letting them know who you really are. This week as I was eating carrots, I posted my goofy carrot video, where I was sharing about how I eat a bag of carrots every day for my snack and drink lots of water. Just be yourself. Let people get to know the real you. As my friend Desirae said, build relationships with others, don’t just do sales pitches. Have conversations with others and engage.
- Promote your connections. Facebook is not about playing Farmville! Promote your friends, your JV partners. I promote businesses I appreciate. Learn to do the same. Let others know how great they are. Give them a shout-out. This is one of the best way to get fans who support, appreciate, and love you.
- Love your clients. Tell your clients thank you. Promote them. Tell others what a good job they’re doing. Do this on social media, send them a private Facebook message, tag them, take a picture with them. Be sure to let them know how much you value, need, and love them.
I’ll be sharing more tips tomorrow for how to achieve the best results with social media for your business. Social media is a tool that you can use today, right now, to help make your big dream come true. Learn to leverage it.