A few months ago, after fervently praying and working through my own fears, insecurities, and stumbling blocks, I finally summoned the courage to work on making one of my dreams come true. And the Inspiring Mom Bloggers Virtual Summit was born.
In this online event, moms, bloggers, and mom bloggers worldwide, have the opportunity to listen for free to 21 interviews with remarkable women who have overcome unspeakable obstacles and turned their pain into purpose. Attendees receive a daily e-mail with access information to listen to the interviews, where the speakers mentor you through the issues that are causing you struggle or holding you back from creating the life you desire, deserve, and are destined for.
As mompreneurs, we are lifelong learners. I love to devour new subjects, do tons of research, master new skills, and seek out ways to increase in knowledge and understanding about topics that are of interest to me. Conferences, seminars, workshops, and summits, both online and offline, offer a great opportunity to expand our knowledge, our wisdom, and our possibilities. We can gain information, insights, and ways to implement what we learned.
How Can You Make The Most Out Of Attending A Virtual Summit?
Because attending an event doesn’t guarantee results, I am sharing with you my 5 steps to make sure you can maximize your experience and assure it is a wise and profitable investment of your time:
- Be Prepared ~ Gather all your note-taking materials and equipment, and make sure you keep water and a healthy snack near by, to keep hydrated and your energy levels up! Visit the event website regularly to learn about the speakers, download any relevant materials, read any blog posts that have been published, and to see the updated information.
- Be Present ~ Rest up, block time, get comfy, take some deep breaths, and get ready to embark on a fun learning adventure. When I travel, it seems that it isn’t until all the check in and gate security procedures are over, that I can relax and enjoy my flight… so say goodbye to the baggage, tune everything else out, and choose to be fully present for the journey.
- Be Open – It’s always smart to set goals and intentions of what you would like to get out of the conference. However, you want to suspend resistance and avoid preconceived judgment and be open to what unfolds, allowing yourself to take in new concepts that may be outside your comfort zone. There’s no growth without stretch!
- Be Willing ~ Some concepts will immediately resonate with you, while others may take a lot of thinking, praying, and pondering. Be willing to try out the exercises, assignments, or recommendations of the speaker, teacher, or trainer. Be willing to take notes! I like to tweet my notes and to compile them on a Google doc, but I’m also a fan of composition notebooks and 3 x 5 cards. I usually take 3 sets of notes: a) Information b) Ideas c) Implementation list. This is how I sort out the facts I want to remember, the ideas I don’t plan to implement right now but don’t want to dismiss, and the actions I want to execute right away.
- Be Social ~ Join the Social Media conversation with the event hashtag, and take advantage of the networking opportunities by connecting with the host, the speakers, and other attendees who are like-minded, like-hearted, and more than likely share the same goals. Join the Facebook group if there is one and start interacting, asking questions, and sharing your insights. We make the most of our experience when we share it with others.
I guarantee if you implement these simple, yet powerful steps, you will definitely see favorable results.
I’m so grateful I didn’t listen to my inner bully and took the necessary actions to follow my heart. I am in awe of the overwhelming response my Summit has received, of the amazing generosity of the outstanding speakers, and of how this event is already touching lives of women around the globe. I will definitely be doing this again and teaching other moms how to do it!
If you are a mom, a blogger, or a mom blogger who feels stuck or not right where you would like to be in business or life and are ready to increase your impact, your income, and your influence, I invite you to learn about the Summit here and, after you sign up for Free, don’t forget to follow these step to set yourself up for success!
A former desolate, homeless, penniless single mom, Elayna Fernandez is a bestselling author, international keynote speaker, and award-winning success guide, often featured on mainstream media sharing her expertise on how to develop a Millionaire Mom Mindset, BE Positive, and Discover, Live, Balance, Monetize, and Radiate your Passions, in order to create JOY, BALANCE and SUCCESS on your own terms without mommy guilt, struggle, or overwhelm. Her 7p Guerrilla Positioning System™ (GPS) teaches how to turn your passion into your paycheck and elevate your Impact, Income, and Influence.