Guest post by Ellie Nieves
Networking is vital to business growth. Entrepreneurs serve their own interests well when they invest their time in effective networking practices. Here are five tips to help you network for business growth.
1) Build on your current network. Don’t think of networking as solely developing new relationships. Reconnect with people who are already in your network and nurture your current relationships.
2) Be a resource. Approach your network as a giver, not a taker. Share business articles, information, processes and resources that are of interest to your connections.
3) Ask for introductions. Expand your network by asking for introductions from your connections. It is often easier to launch a relationship when you already have a shared connection and an implied endorsement.
4) Maximize social media networks like LinkedIn. Use social media networks like LinkedIn to track your network and to research potential connections.
5) Make connections between your connections. Help others to form alliances and joint ventures. Also, take the time to make regular business referrals.
Networking is all about building authentic relationships. Remember to build your network before you need it. If you take care of your network, your network will take care of you.
Ellie Nieves is a women’s leadership speaker. Through her keynote presentations, breakouts, retreats and workshops she helps women to develop leadership skills, set strategic goals, bolster effectiveness and create a personal brand. For more information visit www.EllieNieves.com.
© Copyright 2010 by Ellie Nieves. All rights reserved. Reprints must include byline, contact information and copyright.