by Karen Lindwall-Bourg
Mindset: My Mind is Set on God!
My mind, and my heart, must be set on God. And who He is. And who I am in Christ. On whom He has called me to be. On what He has called me to do.
The theme of the year for the National Association of Christian Women Entrepreneurs for 2022 is Cultivating Confidence #NACWEConfidence because without confidence from the Lord in life, through trials, and as entrepreneurs we will not serve Him well. Let me rephrase that.
With confidence from the Lord in life, through trials, and as entrepreneurs we will serve Him well!
Our Key Verse is:
“For the Lord will be your confidence
And will keep your foot from being caught.”
Proverbs 3:26 NASB
We’re also walking through the Mindset Classroom in the NACWE Classroom Vault.
It takes a special kind of woman to be an entrepreneur. It requires unwavering faith, optimism, and determination. It will take all your strength to keep your business/ministry alive, but you won’t do it alone. God has provided everything you need for life and godliness. (2 Peter 1:3) Your NACWE sisters are here for support. If you need encouragement or you’re just feeling “stuck,” this classroom is the place for you.
In the Business Mindset Classroom, you learn how to:
- Handle criticism and failure
- Combat perfectionism
- Strategize to live life passionately and fearlessly
- Follow your intuition and trust your instincts
- And more
- Learn how to think like an entrepreneur!
The classroom contains over 30 webinars and videos, over 35 articles and blogs, and about 10 teleseminars and podcasts! So many amazing women have contributed to this classroom.
Out of curiosity I looked up 100 inspirational mindset quotes. There were so many encouragements – to stop stressing, stop worrying, give rest to the problems weighing you down, lighten up, forgive, shift your energy, do what you can…
Then I went straight to God‘s Word and asked what He says in His Word about mindset, and I immediately realized that to Him it means…
My Mind is Set on God!
- In life – because surely our lives and our service must begin with who God is and who we are in Christ.
- Through trials – because the struggles of life are somewhat universal to us all, but also are unique for every one of us.
- As entrepreneurs – because working God’s way is the only way– we know this because we’ve tried it our way for too long and it hasn’t been working! And… by the way, NACWE has an entire classroom called Working God’s Way in the Classroom Vault!
Here a few of my very favorite Scriptures on mindset:
- “Set your mind on things that are above, not on things that are on earth.” Colossians 3:2 ESV Let’s resolve this new year to begin each day thinking on Him and His Blueprint for our lives and service!
- “Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.” Romans 12:2 Let’s study His Ways first as we seek to serve in business/ministry each week
- “Finally, brothers [sisters], whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.” Philippians 4:8 Let’s use His Precepts as our litmus test as we put our new offers out there for others.
Here are a few of my favorite Mindset articles from the NACWE classroom vault!
- In The Naked Entrepreneur http://nacwe.org/2014/07/01/naked-entrepreneur/ I talk about not getting caught “naked” or unaware but instead stepping out in faith to do the next right thing in your life and in your entrepreneur endeavors!
- In A Gift for the New Woman Entrepreneur http://nacwe.org/2014/07/10/gift-new-woman-entrepreneur/ Theresa Ceniccola offers a gift and 5 encouragements to the Christian woman entreprneur needing to take her next step!
- In Do You Struggle with Perfectionism? http://nacwe.org/2014/10/29/struggle-perfectionism/ Elayna Fernandez reveals that overcoming perfectionism is just one choice away! She encourages you to choose to shed the stress, anxiety, worry, regret, guilt, shame, and fear, and to have JOY, BALANCE, and SUCCESS on your own terms.
What are some areas where you as a Christian woman entrepreneur need a mindset shift? Let’s talk about those next!
In the meanwhile, set your mind on God, on who He is, and who He says you are, and who He has called you to be, and on what He has called you to do first and foremost!
Join our National Association of Christian Women Entrepreneurs Group at https://facebook.com/groups/NACWEFreedom
DR. KAREN LINDWALL-BOURG is a PhD level counselor who has worked with grieving and traumatized families since 1995. When she opened her private practice and realized “if you build it, they will come“ isn’t true, she fell in love with the ways and workings of entrepreneurship! She is the founder of RHEMA 3E Services with her husband Fred enlightening, encouraging, and equipping Christian men and women to do what God has called them to do and to work His way!. She is the president of the National Association of Christian Women Entrepreneurs providing a like-minded community, educational and networking opportunities, and a missional focus for Christian women entrepreneurs across the globe.