by Kathy Owen-Gifford
Are you ready in March to begin marching through your mission?
- Are you studying? (2 Timothy 2:15)
- Have you invited the Holy Spirit into your moments?
- Are you looking for open doors?
NACWE is planning a mission trip to Peru!
Please go with us! Please pray with us!
If you can’t go this time will you pray and send someone else?
Please donate prayer, encouragement, and money towards our mission.
Pray for God to guide your decision.
- March into Peru?
- Donate and pray for someone planning to go?
- Encourage those who are going?
Let’s put feet to our message.
As Children of God, we follow God’s prompting to show our love to the world. As Christ-followers, we make disciples to the ends of the earth beginning at home. Let’s be willing, together, to walk through the open door.
Mission challenge #1!
Share your life with those around you. Look for that new best friend in your everyday life. Begin with gratitude! Share how you’ve recently seen God’s hand on your life or the life of another. Boast (Glory) in the Lord!
- Share your boast here:
- Share your boast with a friend
- Share your boast with a stranger
There are so many verses about boasting in the Lord! Here are three in two versions …
- Psalms 20:7 (NLT) Some nations boast of their chariots and horses, but we boast in the name of the Lord our God.
- Psalms 20:7 (KJV) 7Some trust in chariots, and some in horses: but we will remember the name of the Lord our God.
- Psalms 34:2 (NLT) I will boast only in the Lord; let all who are helpless take heart.
- Psalms 34:2 (KJV) 2My soul shall make her boast in the Lord: the humble shall hear thereof, and be glad.
- Jeremiah 9:24 (NLT) But those who wish to boast should boast in this alone: that they truly know me and understand that I am the Lord who demonstrates unfailing love and who brings justice and righteousness to the earth and that I delight in these things. I, the Lord, have spoken!
- Jeremiah 9:24 (KJV) 24But let him that glorieth glory in this, that he understandeth and knoweth me, that I am the Lord which exercise lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness, in the earth: for in these things I delight, saith the Lord.
Mission Challenge 2!
Are you in a situation where you don’t get out much? Are you unable in this season of life to minister outside your home? Caregivers may not be in a season for outside ministry further than the local grocery store. That’s ok, we all have seasons of important missions at home.
Donate encouragement, prayer, time, or money to a local or international ministry. Send a card or email sharing appreciation and prayer. Follow the Peru Mission Trip videos of scenery and updates on the NACWE Members Group.
A Mission Story
My friend, Amy (not her real name), has worked at a law firm for almost 30 years. For years she has had a prayer request box in her office. Amy encourages visitors to her office to put prayer requests in the box as needed. Amy is quiet, reserved, almost shy. This prayer box was and still is a bold step for her. Almost everyone at the firm has put a prayer request in the box over the years. God has answered many prayers and people come in to ask if they can pray, too. Through Amy, God is welcome in this law firm. He has faithfully has shown up and blessed many because of Amy’s boldness.
We don’t have to go far away for every mission. Ministry can be a simple relational act. God wants us to boldly proclaim Him. He wants us to minister where we are. He wants us to be who we are for Him. We can be bold by praying for a ministry or starting a prayer ministry. Prayer is more valuable than money.
My prayer for you:
I pray blessings on your message, mission, and life! I pray that if you don’t know the Savior intimately, you will start today. Engage with Him daily. He loves you like no one else. Invite Him into your moments. Look for His hand on your life, look for the open door.
I pray for you to see the path through the open door, His purpose and plan for you, and that you will step out in faith!
I pray all these things for you for your good and His glory!
I thank God for you, my NACWE sisters!
On mission fields:
- Lima, Peru
- We are open, Lord!
Please let us know if you’d like to serve or partner with us in 2020!