God is your CEE: Chief Executive of Everything!
God is your CEE: Chief Executive of Everything! Meet with your CEE. Invite Him in to every thought, decision, and step before you begin!
God is Your CEE: Invite Him In.
What Happens When God Is Not Your CEE.
I tried to be my own CEE… again! It didn’t turn out so well.
I decided to try Facebook Ads for our next big Membership Drive. I hired a reputable Ads specialist recommended by a trusted friend. We talked for an hour through several frustrations and felt we were getting nowhere!
She said I wasn’t ready. That hurt!
I finally had to admit to her that I hadn’t invited God into this plan as I should have. I promised her I would, and that I’d get back in touch when I had clear direction from the Lord.
The whole Membership Drive was put on hold.
I must have instinctively known I was on the wrong path, because my frustration didn’t really surprise me. I usually steamroll forward when I’m frustrated, and I was a bit frustrated about the time and energy spent and the lack of progress made so far.
But this time I actually felt relieved. I knew this redirection would ensure I was indeed on the right path and headed in the right direction. I knew it would save me precious time, energy and heartache!
In her introduction to the book Grace Over Grind, Shae Bynes states,
“…if your heart is to see the realities of the Kingdom in your business, your industry, your city or even the nations, it’s imperative that you create and maintain a lifestyle of working by God’s grace rather than by your grind. …(This is) an invitation to live and work by the grace that He has so lovingly provided
for you to experience His best in your business. Notice that I didn’t say your best, but rather His best. I’m talking about the Ephesians 3:20 kind of best; which is immeasurably more than all you can ask or imagine according to His power that is at work within you.”
– Shae Bynes, Grace Over Grind: How Grace Will Take Your Business Where Grinding Can’t.
If we truly desire to work under God’s Grace,
then God is Your CEE – Chief Executive of Everything.
He is Your Firm Foundation!
Invite Him in!
Pray for Spiritual Strength!
God is Your CEE: Pray To Your CEE For Spiritual Strength
14 For this reason I bow my knees before the Father, 15 from whom every family[c] in heaven and on earth is named, 16 that according to the riches of His glory He may grant you to be strengthened with power through His Spirit in your inner being, 17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith—that you, being rooted and grounded in love, 18 may have strength to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, 19 and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.
20 Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, 21 to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen.
-Ephesians 3:14-20, ESV
God is Your CEE: Invite Him In.
What Happens When God Is Your CEE.
After my “getting nowhere” call with the Facebook Ads coach, I settled in to be still and quiet before the Lord, to read His Word, to ask Him for comfort through my frustrations and clear direction. It was obvious I was indeed not ready to launch within the next month, so I moved the Membership Drive forward a month. I felt the Lord gave me a really innovative idea for our “kick-off event” and everything started falling into place! Instead of “getting nowhere,” I felt like I was on the right path.
Knowing I invited God in and surrendered to His direction, and assured that I had heard from Him, I was relieved and encouraged and confident with a peace about my decisions and direction! Finally!
I’m a bit of a control freak! After all, I do have responsibilities toward my home, my family, and my business/ministry assigned to me by the Lord. I need the peaceful assurance that all dimensions of my life and work align with His ordered steps for me!
- As your Chief Executive Officer (CEO), God offers wisdom for future decisions. I need His Wisdom! James 1:5 says, “If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him.”
- As your Chief Operating Officer (COO), He provides structure and organization for daily actions. I want to know I’m taking the right steps! “The heart of man plans his way, but the Lord establishes his steps” (Proverbs 16:9).
- As your Chief Information Officer (CIO), He keeps lines of communication and technology open. I feel most confident when I am connected to Him and to others! Proverbs 19:4 says, “Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in Your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.”
- As your Chief Marketing Officer (CMO), God leads in development and functionality and growth and promotes your business/ministry to the ideal customer. I want to grow in all areas of my life and business/ministry! “Practice these things, immerse yourself in them, so that all may see your progress” (1 Timothy 4:15).
- As your Chief Financial Officer (CFO), He bestows and directs cash flow! Not my forte’ – I’m an author and a coach, not an accountant. I need His help! Philippians 4:19 says, “And my God will supply every need of yours according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus.”
- As your Chief Technology Officer (CTO), He is head of “Research and Development” and creates strategies toward a successful future! I struggle with the monumental number of steps and tasks needed to build my business/ministry. I need to know I have built from the Chief Cornerstone and all bricks are laid in order forging a secure foundation! “By wisdom a house is built, and by understanding it is established; by knowledge the rooms are filled with all precious and pleasant riches.” (Proverbs 24:3-4).
God is your CEE – Chief Executive of Everything! Invite Him in!
“Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power [His Power] at work within us, 21 to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen.”
Again, Shea says,
“Too many believers in business idolize hard work.
They exalt hard work over the presence of God in business.”
– Shae Bynes, Grace Over Grind: How Grace Will Take Your Business Where Grinding Can’t
It’s the way the world encourages us to work, isn’t it!?
So, let’s turn this on it’s head and work “as unto the Lord” and “in His Presence!”
I asked a friend to give me feedback before publishing this blog. I asked her question after question. “Am I representing the Lord as His Ambassador properly? Do you see my heart in the stories? Is it too long?”
She gently reminded me to Invite Him in and to ask my CEE these questions.
1. Post in a prominent place in your workspace:
God is able to do far more abundantly than all that I ask or think, according to His power at work within me
2. Purpose to start each week/each day with God’s Presence in your business/ministry at the forefront of your heart. What does that look like specifically for you?
3. Spend 5 minutes asking the Lord specific questions about your business, and record His answers.
Read The Partner Post
- Watch our “God is Your CEE – Chief Executive of Everything” Webinar Replay: https://youtu.be/AXtwEBaEwHY
- POST an encouragement in our ACHIEVE group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/karenbourgcompanies/
- Join our Thursday Prayer CALLS By Phone via Free Conference Calling – All Thursday 8am CST Prayer Calls can be accessed by dialing 1-712-775-8968 / conference code 620259
Dr. Karen Lindwall-Bourg
Numbers 6, ESV
24 The Lord bless you and keep you;
25 the Lord make his face to shine upon you and be gracious to you;
26 the Lord lift up his countenancec] upon you and give you peace.
All Scripture is taken from the English Standard Version (ESV) unless otherwise noted.
[frontpage_news widget=”55210″ name=”You’ll Also Love…”]