Guest post by Vickie Minella
Starting a project or task can seem overwhelming but with the proper planning, tools and resources, the result can be life-changing. When we implement organization and task planning into our lives we become strategic about success. Let’s face it, success doesn’t simply swoop in and land on too many of us. If we want true success, we have to plan for it.
We have to:
- Allow ourselves the time to sit and think
- Pray for direction
- Create an action plan… and then you have to MOVE!
To achieve goals, we must work hard. If we believe there is only one way to do things, we box in all the possibilities for life.
We must prayerfully consider the course our life is on and then picture what we want it to look like in a year or two. Then, create and follow a blueprint to make that possible.
“I am certain that God who began a good work within you, will continue His work until it is finally finished. (Phillippians 1:6)
The Bible clearly states that when we seek and plan, He will provide a way. Here are a few areas where success eludes countless women:
- Schedules: Allow time to plan each week and be careful not to over schedule. Plan time to think and pray.
- Household responsibilities: Assign tasks a specific day of the week. For example: Plan meals once a week and then grocery shop for those items only. They do not have to be extensive dinners with 100 different ingredients. Keep it simple, especially on days of heavier activity. Also, it is helpful to do small things each night to avoid a larger chore once a week, like taking 10 minutes each night to run around and straighten up or loading the dishwasher before going to bed.
- Self-Care:- Plan something EVERY DAY to as a reward. This does not need to be a daily trip to the spa, although that would be nice at times, rather a break to read a magazine, time to talk with a friend, or a special coffee treat. As we take care of ourselves, we are better able to give our best to others.
- Exercise: As busy women, it is crucial to set time set aside for physical activity. Exercise can be such a rewarding, motivating feeling and can lend to a higher productivity level in other areas of life.
- Goals: Keep dreaming. God wants to do great things in our lives, but we have to keep expecting to grow, no matter where we are at this moment. Avoid any ruts—we are here for a purpose. Dream BIG!
- Accountability: Find people that will hold us accountable—willing to speak truth and love unconditionally. This may be found in a life/business coach or just a close friend. Connect with other women for support and friendship. Communicate goals with them. We also need to consider our current circle of friends: do they lift us up and offer positive growth? If not, we may need to change our circle of influence. We become who we hang with- even as an adult!
Think outside the box today. Expect great things to happen and you will be surprised how broad your perspective becomes and how much bigger your ‘box’ really is! Plan for the success your life was designed for and “He will complete the good work He began in you.”
Vickie Minnella is a Professional Organizer, Productivity Coach and Speaker. She is also the Founder and President of Beyond Walls LLC. She helps busy people organize their lives through a systematic approach and offers motivation to set goals and empower their lives. Her company helps individuals, as well as businesses, incorporate her simple strategies to achieve more productivity, profitability and performance. Learn more ways to be productive and lead a rock star life at http://www.thinkbeyondwalls.com