Guest Post by Nicole Kirksey
The benefits of coaching are innumerable, but here are nine that truly help demonstrate the power of coaching.
1. Investment in yourself. The investment in coaching goes far beyond the financial. When you invest in the coaching process over time, you send a clear mental and spiritual signal that the goal and the person – YOU – are all of value. Protecting the time and space around coaching appointments, and doing the work in between appointments, is also an investment in your well-being, your success and your future.
2. Gaining Clarity. Coaching helps you identify patterns of behavior and belief that have helped you to succeed or that have held you back, to clarify which values are most important to you, and to inform your life choices most readily.
3. Laser Focus. Coaching time forces you to give all of your energy and attention to the topic at hand in the session. The session focus topic does not have to compete with the demands of the day. Laser focus helps to bring about breakthrough, results, and a plan of action.
4. Realizing Your Power Potential. Focusing on solutions to challenges and overcoming obstacles helps you realize your inherent strengths. What is truly possible comes closer to reality.
5. Gaining Confidence. Through investing in yourself, gaining clarity, maintaining focus, and realizing your full potential, coaching can help you build confidence in any life area.
6. Experiencing Breakthrough and Results. Coaching is solution-focused. Bringing creative and undivided attention to what is possible helps you as the client experience frequent breakthroughs in understanding, and helps you to concentrate on getting positive results from your actions.
7. Taking Definitive Action. There is a built-in bias for action with coaching. Once your confidence is built, and you have given your goal or challenge sufficient focus and investment, you as the person being coach find it easier to make good decisions quickly. You also gain the ability to strategically create a plan of action that will help you experience a new, higher level of success.
8. Quality of Life Improvements. Coaching helps participants to align their priorities with their true values, to identify hidden passions and talents, and to bring more balance and harmony to their lives. By removing the “clutter” in your life that causes you undue stress, you as the person being coached will experience a much greater quality of life overall.
9. Lasting change. Coaching provides accountability, support and consistency; and the participants learn coaching and powerful questioning skills that they can use themselves beyond the coaching relationship.
If you have any personal or professional goals you’re actively working to achieve, investing in life coaching would be a great benefit in helping accelerate your progress toward your goal.
Nicole Kirksey, MPH, MSW is a certified life and leadership strategist. You can learn more about coaching with Nicole on her website, Foundational Gifts Life and Leadership Coaching, at http://foundationalgifts.com/about/coaching. Connect with Nicole on Twitter @ CoachNicole.
Article Source: http://www.EzineArticles.com/?expert=Nicole_Kirksey