9 things I Have Learned About Myself from Being an Entrepreneur!
Entrepreneurs are a visionary risk-taking bunch of folks. I now call myself one of “them”. But I did NOT morph into this overnight, nor did I know the course that this journey would lead me on. You see, I am an accidental entrepreneur. I came in sideways, not knowing what I was doing. But I have slowly evolved into more and more of the real me. This led me to the creation of the National Association of Christian Women Entrepreneurs, mainly to help women gather together in a common goal, each with a different purpose and task.
Here are 9 things that I have learned about myself:
- I learned that my creativity is a good thing.
- I found out that I am good at marketing and that it seemed to come easy to me.
- I learned that business and success is more about who is consistent versus who is out the door in a sprint-like fashion.
- I have discovered that I am pretty geeky, and that I love to find the newest THING or gadget and try it out, to help me and others.
- I have learned that when I am using my gifts and talents, my life feels easy and fun.
- I have found that I enjoy freedom and flexibility, in my daily schedule and my work environment.
- I have discovered that working alone does not have to mean working by yourself with the power of a team and social media.
- I have learned that I am fabulous at gathering up a group of people and getting them inspired to take action. I thought that everyone could do this. J
- I have found that being an entrepreneur changes how you see the world and how you see yourself. I can do much more than I thought I was capable of….and so can you!
[graybox]Diane Cunningham is the Founder and President of the National Association of Christian Women Entrepreneurs. She is a “business therapist”, plane crash survivor, author, consultant, speaker, marathon runner, and fun friend. Find out more about NACWE and why 165 women joined in the first year at www.NACWE.org.
Connect with Diane at www.facebook.com/DianeCunningham for fun updates, silly videos, and lively conversation.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!