8 Reasons I am Glad to be Turning 40!!
8 days until I turn 40. I am so excited about this birthday and all it represents to me. I am throwing myself a big 80’s themed birthday party and having friends and family coming in to celebrate with me.
Here are 8 reasons that I am glad to be turning 40:
1. FREEDOM: I have a freedom that most people might envy. I am single, work for myself, don’t own a home, and have no children. There are pros and cons of each of these current statistics about myself, but there is no denying that I have a freedom that most people don’t. In fact, when I truly recognized it, after my dog Bear went to doggy heaven in April, it was rather frightening to me. I have so many options and I am researching my next steps. But there is a freedom that comes from age, and I am excited to turn the corner into my 40’s.
2. WISDOM: I have the knowledge from life lessons, experiences, schooling, and a variety of careers. I understand more about my areas of expertise and the gifts I have to share with the world. This is freeing and gives me options as I move into a new decade.
3. CREATIVITY: I have been allowing myself to move more and more into my creative right brained self. This has been used for many years as an entrepreneur. But it has only been since May 15th of this year, that my inner Artist has found her voice. I am excited as I turn 40 about how this Artist will be more and more a part of my life.
4. ADVENTURE: I have a new found spirit of adventure that was lying dormant for many years. I have always been a go-getter and a risk taker. But there was a part of me that had to hide and hold back. I often felt like I was “too much, or too big, or too loud”. That something about ME was not OK. I am excited about being 40 and the new adventures that are right around the corner for me.
5. ACCEPTANCE: I am more and more OK with ME. I am happily accepting who I am and who I used to be. I am also acknowledging who I am NOT, and knowing that that is perfectly OK. I am who I am. I like her.
6. FUN: A great thing about aging is that we can see more FUN and learn how to let go and enjoy the world as our PLAYGROUND. I am excited about doing a lot of fun and playful things the older I get.
7. HEALTH: I am delighted to be healthy as I turn 40. I exercise and eat healthy. I run and walk. I look better than I have in years. I am healthy and take good care of myself. I am looking forward to many more years of health.
8. FUTURE: Most of all I am excited about my future and the next 40-50 years of life. I have my FAITH and I know that God has a plan that is fantastic for me. It is not always easy, but I always know that He knows better than I do. I am blessed and grateful.
[graybox]Diane Cunningham is the Founder and President of the National Association of Christian Women Entrepreneurs. She is a “business therapist”, plane crash survivor, author, consultant, speaker, marathon runner, and fun friend. Find out more about NACWE and why 165 women joined in the first year at www.NACWE.org.
Connect with Diane at www.facebook.com/DianeCunningham for fun updates, silly videos, and lively conversation.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!