My favorite quote is this first one I included and you will see that I have this on my wall in my office in a beautiful frame that was given to me at our 1st Annual Conference for the National Association of Christian Women Entrepreneurs. Each woman signed it for me as a gift. This quote by John Wesley gives me joy. I can feel it and see it. I have based my mission statement on it, “my mission is to inspire women to dream big, catch on fire, and change the world.” I am a girl on fire. I want people to see that and get “fired up” about something that they are passionate about. I would love for you to share your favorite quote below. Let’s keep learning and growing together!
- Catch on fire with enthusiasm and people will come for miles to watch you burn. John Wesley
- Self-Confidence is the first requisite to great undertakings. Samuel Johnson. English Author and Lexicographer.
- You are the product of your own brainstorm. – Rosemary Konner Steinbaum, Educator.
- Always do the things you fear the most. Courage is an acquired taste, just like caviar.—Erica Jong
- What a woman can imagine she may one day achieve.—Nancy Hale
- Dare to be Remarkable! -Anonymous
- Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. –Harold R. McAlindon
- Trust that little voice in your head that says “Wouldn`t it be interesting if…”; And then do it. -Duane Michaels
- Be willing to make decisions. That’s the most important quality in a good leader. –George S. Patton Jr.
- I have met brave women who are exploring the outer edge of human possibility, with no history to guide them, and with a courage to make themselves vulnerable that I find moving beyond words. -Gloria Steinem
- It is not only what we do, but also what we do not do, for which we are accountable. –Moliere
- You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the things you think you cannot do. -Eleanor Roosevelt
- To love what you do and feel that it matters how could anything be more fun? -Katherine Graham
- Trust your crazy ideas! –unknown
- Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. -Oscar Wilde
- God moves in a mysterious way, His wonders to perform. He plants his footsteps in the sea, and rides upon the storm. -William Cowpe ?
- If you have made mistakes, there is always another chance for you. You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call ‘failure’ is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
- Diligence is the mother of good fortune. -Benjamin Disraeli
- Change is inevitable, growth is intentional. –Glenda Cloud
- True freedom lies in the realization and calm acceptance of the fact that there may very well be no perfect answer. Allen Reid McGinnis
- It is nobler to try something and fail than to try nothing and succeed. The result may be the same but you won’t be. We always grow more through defeats than victories. –Anonymous
- A business absolutely devoted to service will have only one worry about profits. They will be embarrassingly large. -Henry Ford
- Everybody has to be reminded that there’s another way to be. Another more mysterious, unpredictable way to be that’s not necessarily based upon contrivances. -Stanley Crouch
- If it’s too loud, you’re too old. -Ted Nugent
- Charming people live up to the very edge of their charm, and behave as outrageously as the world lets them. – Logan Pearsall Smith
- Great things are only possible with outrageous requests. – Thea Alexander
- Say what you need to say.– John Mayer
- Kind words may be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless. Mother Teresa
- Reach high, for the stars lie hidden in your soul. Dream deep, for every dream precedes the goal. -Pamela Vaull Starr
- We fought hard. We gave it our best. We did what was right and we made a difference. Geraldine Ferraro, First Female U.S. Vice President.
- A person who has not done half his day’s work by ten o’ clock, runs the chance of leaving the other half undone. – Emily Bronte, English Novelist and Poet.
- The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity. The fears are paper tigers. You can do anything you decide to do. You can act to change and control your life; the procedure, the process is its own reward. Amelia Earnheart, First Woman to Fly Over the Atlantic Ocean
- Now you wouldn’t believe me if I told you, but I could run like the wind blows. From that day on, if I was ever going somewhere, I was running! Tom Hanks in the movie Forrest Gump.
- Put a little fun into your life. Try dancing. Kathryn Murray, Dancer
- We are new every day. Irene Claremont De Castillejo, Psychologist.
- I’m not afraid… I was born to do this.—Joan of Arc French Military Leader.
- We do not need magic to change the world. We carry all the power we need inside ourselves already: we have the power to imagine better.– J. K. Rowling
- It’s not what you do once in a while, it’s what you do day in and day out that makes the difference. – Jenny Craig
Diane Cunningham is the Founder and President of the National Association of Christian Women Entrepreneurs. She is a “business therapist”, plane crash survivor, author, consultant, speaker, marathon runner, and fun friend.