33 Reasons I Love to Travel
33 days until I turn 40. I just arrived in California yesterday for a vacation with my family……so this seemed to fit! I do love to travel. It does come with certain inherent challenges and stressors also. I am fascinated by people so this helps me to be either entertained or inspired by the antics that go on. I have had a few travel nightmares including a night years ago spent in the baggage claim area of the Newark, New Jersey airport without a cell phone charger or my luggage. Long story….but I made it!
Here are 33 random and fun reasons that I love to travel:
- people watching
- Airport gift shops
- Becoming friends and having a great conversation with the person you are sitting next to on a plane…so glad to meet Susie Powers yesterday
- Seeing someone you know or recognize in a place far away
- Getting an aisle seat or a window seat, whichever one you prefer
- Reading 2 or 3 magazines from cover to cover
- Seeing the clouds from above the cloudsA bonus upgrade to first class
- The anticipation of getting to your location
- That fabulous moment where you hand over your suitcase to the people and all you have left is your carry on (yes I am an over-packer…..keep trying to stop but have not been able to yet)
- The random and wonderful way my brain starts to work again just by being out of my normal routine and the creative ideas that come from it
- Realizing that I have more luggage that the family of 3 that is travelling on the shuttle with me
- My iPad and iPhone
- the mobile charging dock for these devices
- Eating at new places
- Seeing new things
- Random adventures that you never could have planned
- Remembering and finding your car when you get home
- Seeing your family, or friends, or both for the first time in a long time
- Learning something new
- Using the travel time (or layover) to complete a work project
- Turning off my brain
- The way I am always trying to figure out where people have travelled from or what their story is while sitting in the airport
- The Sky Mall magazine (and how I can always find a huge list of things I MUST have in there)
- Friendly people that makes things easier rather than throwing a grown up temper tantrum when something does not go their way
- Healthy snacks (yes you can find them if you look)
- Comfortable shoes (in case you have to run to the next flight)
- Getting the arm rest
- Being able to fit your bag under the seat or in the overhead bin (again I am an over-packer)
- Falling asleep if you are trying to or hoping to
- Having your bag be on the baggage claim rotating gizmo right when you walk up
- Getting home to your own bed after your trip or vacation is over
Do you love to travel? Post here and share or on my facebook page!
[graybox]Diane Cunningham is the Founder and President of the National Association of Christian Women Entrepreneurs. She is a “business therapist”, plane crash survivor, author, consultant, speaker, marathon runner, and fun friend. Find out more about NACWE and why 165 women joined in the first year at www.NACWE.org.
Connect with Diane at www.facebook.com/DianeCunningham for fun updates, silly videos, and lively conversation.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!