30 Ways to Stay Creative
30 days until I turn 40. I am a creative gal….as you might be able to tell from this blog series. How do I stay that way? I do the things on this list. I let my mind wander. I listen to the “crazy ideas” and I let them get written down.
Here are 30 ways that I stay creative:
- Leave town
- Do something you have never done before
- Break your own rule
- Write every idea down (yes carry an old fashioned paper notebook)
- Meet and interact with new people constantly
- Wear clothes you would not normally wear
- Talk about your crazy ideas out loud with other people who “get you”
- Get outside as often as possible
- Find some kids and hang out with them
- Pretend you are doing a research project on yourself or a topic
- Take a class (art, belly dancing, guitar, etc)
- Act like you are hosting a guest in your town and see where you would take them and what you would do, then do that for YOU
- Invest in yourself with coaching, mentoring, and training with people that inspire your creative soul
- Make lists
- Use giant post it note flip charts and colored markers and make charts
- Drink coffee
- Go to a park and swing
- Read a magazine
- Think about how you could do it better
- Think about how you would do it if you could start over
- Use colored pens
- Drive a different way
- Go dancing
- Write down all of the options if money were no object
- Make a commitment
- Listen to music that speaks to your soul
[graybox]Diane Cunningham is the Founder and President of the National Association of Christian Women Entrepreneurs. She is a “business therapist”, plane crash survivor, author, consultant, speaker, marathon runner, and fun friend. Find out more about NACWE and why 165 women joined in the first year at www.NACWE.org. Connect with Diane at www.facebook.com/DianeCunningham for fun updates, silly videos, and lively conversation.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!