21 Things I Have Learned Since I Turned 21
21 days until I turn 40 on August 3rd.
Each year has lessons for us to learn. It is funny to look back to different ages and think….”what was I thinking??” Just for fun, I was thinking about who I was at age 21 and how much I have learned since then. At the time, it was summer of 1993 and I was home in California before going back to college in Spokane Washington. I am pretty sure we went out to dinner and then dancing with my girlfriends, but to tell you the truth, I don’t remember it being a big event.
Here are 21 basic things I have learned since I turned 21:
- Water is good for you
- I am smarter than I thought I was
- Beauty is different the older you get
- My parents really did know what they were talking about
- College is a great place to learn a lot of things, meet forever friends, and get valuable life skills
- Paying your bills on time is wise and grown-up
- It is fun to get paid to do something that comes naturally to you
- There is always something more to learn
- You never ARRIVE, the goal just changes
- Pets are good for your soul
- Living in different places helps you to appreciate the world
- People are magnificent and resilient
- Sometimes if you don’t know why you are doing something, or going somewhere, it is because of a person that you will meet there
- Travelling is stressful, fun, and good for perspective
- The things that are a big deal one year, or during one season, you won’t remember soon
- Exercise is a non-negotiable
- I really do like vegetables
- Sleep is important and cannot be ignored
- Friends can become family
- You can be happy, in spite of many challenges going on in your life
- God has a plan, and it is my job to stay out of His way
[graybox]Diane Cunningham is the Founder and President of the National Association of Christian Women Entrepreneurs. She is a “business therapist”, plane crash survivor, author, consultant, speaker, marathon runner, and fun friend. Find out more about NACWE and why 165 women joined in the first year at www.NACWE.org.
Connect with Diane at www.facebook.com/DianeCunningham for fun updates, silly videos, and lively conversation.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!