18 days until I turn 40.
This past year, I have intentionally worked on doing things that are NEW for me.
Here are 18 things that I have experienced during the past 365 days:
- Purchased my first pair of cowboy boots in January of 2012 after living in Texas since 2003. Then got another pair in March…..total of 2 now. Brown and Black.
- I started painting on May 15th and have not stopped.
- This spring I rode on a Harley for the first time and loved it!
- In April I had to say goodbye to my furry friend Bear after 13 years together. He was my first dog ever.
- This year I have had a few nights of singing Patsy Cline at Karaoke.
- I have jumped on a giant trampoline a few times over the last year.
- This year I had the joy of crashing a party.
- I enrolled myself in a few belly dancing classes.
- This year I started wearing dresses again, and loved it.
- I must admit that I have tried online dating twice this year, and then gave up. I am done dating.
- Earlier this year, my company NACWE was featured on a 30 minute, local show called Inside Texoma.
- I don’t cook, and this year I cooked dinner for other people 2 nights in a row. This could be called a miracle.
- This year I got a cat…my first cat since 1999. Cats and dogs are very different.
- I ate catfish for the first time this year.
- This past spring I attended my first MSU basketball game here in my town.
- This year I went on a blind date in Oklahoma on Valentines day wearing a red dress. See #10 above.
- This year I learned how to use a power drill and I can now install my own hanging curtains, mirrors, etc. I still had trouble with the “easy to put together” Christmas Tree in a box.
- This year, I wrote up my own Eat Pray Love list and looked into many options of where I could move, what I might want to do, and how I might change my life.
[graybox]Diane Cunningham is the Founder and President of the National Association of Christian Women Entrepreneurs. She is a “business therapist”, plane crash survivor, author, consultant, speaker, marathon runner, and fun friend. Find out more about NACWE and why 165 women joined in the first year at www.NACWE.org.
Connect with Diane at www.facebook.com/DianeCunningham for fun updates, silly videos, and lively conversation.