15 days until I turn 40. I am a runner. I run and I walk. I have running shoes, clothes, and gadgets. I have completed 4 full marathons and many half marathons. I am slow, steady and consistent. I run for so many reasons including the fact that it helps me to keep my weight at a reasonable level. But often I run because it is my therapy. It is my alone time. I am NOT plugged in. I leave all social media, texts and emails behind. It is just me and God and the ducks. It is just me and the trail. It is me against me.
Here are 15 reasons that I love my morning run!
- watching the sunrise
- seeing the ducks each morning
- being able to run near the water
- the people that I see there every morning walking and walking
- the dogs that come to walk with the people
- the geese, the blue heron, and the pigeons
- the water fountain that I stop at after each mile
- my new friend Ben who works for the college and I wave to each day
- having time to pray and listen
- the ideas that come to me while I am going around and around
- the songs that I listen to on my super old nano
- knowing that I will always be glad that I did it, even I don’t feel like going
- feeling the rain, the sun, and the wind (and I have been out there in 85 degrees and in 28 degrees over the last year)
- feeling glad that I have a body that can move and run, happy to be healthy
- the creatures that I have seen (ladybugs, turtles, fish, and one dead snake)
Diane Cunningham is the Founder and President of the National Association of Christian Women Entrepreneurs. She is a “business therapist”, plane crash survivor, author, consultant, speaker, marathon runner, and fun friend. Find out more about NACWE and why 165 women joined in the first year at www.NACWE.org.
Connect with Diane at www.facebook.com/DianeCunningham for fun updates, silly videos, and lively conversation.