Updated July 2012
The National Association of Christian Women Entrepreneurs (NACWE) is committed to sharing its connections, resources, and knowledge with an entrepreneurial tribe of women leaders and visionary thinkers.
The National Association of Christian Women Entrepreneurs was born out of a passion to connect women who are ready to create, collaborate, and contribute to changing the world. We gather people and ideas together through online content, tele-courses, individual/group coaching and retreats.
We seek to unite under a common goal of helping one another to succeed and thrive in business. We are blessed to share in a common faith in Jesus Christ and yet know that we might each choose to worship in a different way. We seek to glorify God in all aspects of our lives as well as our businesses.
Romans 12:5 So we, who are many, are one body in Christ, and individually members one of another.
At NACWE, we think big. We have lofty but attainable goals. Together, we can change the world. And as we creatively leverage our presence in the business world we learn to not only survive in a changing economy, but to thrive in the midst of it.
NACWE Membership is open to women entrepreneurs, small business owners, and others who have the desire to launch their entrepreneurial venture.
Who are our members?
The women of NACWE are dynamic, smart, and tender hearted. We choose to support each other as sisters in Christ, knowing that we each come from different parts of the country and attend a variety of denominations. Many types of businesses are represented. Women that have been in business for many years, gather with women who are just beginning to think about starting a business. We welcome all of these women with open arms.
OUR MISSION is to train, empower, and inspire Christian women as they build their entrepreneurial business.
We do this in three ways: connect, create, and collaborate
We connect through the private forum, tele-classes, webinars, live events, and virtual events.
We create through the power of idea sharing, resources, and vision.
We collaborate by working with each other, creating joint ventures, sharing referrals, and walking side by side.
Our Core Values are:
LOVE: we have 2 hearts on our logo for a reason. The hearts represent each of us, a woman and her colleagues, standing in front of the cross. NACWE is built on a foundation of love. We choose to love our sisters in Christ and support them as they grow.
John 15:12 “This is My commandment, that you love one another, just as I have loved you.) We choose grace and forgiveness.
AUTHENTICITY: we have a spirit of “real”-ness and a place that it is safe to be YOU. We know that God made each of us different. I want to grow into more of the woman God wants me to be and I want you to do the same. I will tell you when I have made a mistake. I will show you my flaws. I will model progress not perfection. I will be honest with you. (Ephesians 5:19 speaking to one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody with your heart to the Lord;)
FAMILY: we look out for each other as sisters in Christ. We commit to doing no harm. We seek to encourage and build one another up, rather than tear down others down or stand in judgment. We know that we will not always agree but we will choose to love as Christ loved us. We believe in letting God be God. If there is an area where we are in spiritual disagreement with our sisters in Christ, we will pray for them but reserve judgment for the One who sees and knows all.
Romans 15:7 Therefore, accept one another, just as Christ also accepted us to the glory of God.
LEARNING: we choose to know that there is always more to learn for each of us daily. NACWE was built as a gathering place for learning and connection. We commit to engaging in our own learning process.
Ephesians 4:2 With all humility and gentleness, with patience, showing tolerance for one another in love.
POSITIVITY: we always look for the best in every situation. We honor that just as the Bible tells us to in Philippians 4:8 Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.
Galatians 5:26 Let us not become boastful, challenging one another, envying one another.
1 Thessalonians 5:11 Therefore encourage one another and build up one another, just as you also are doing.
FUN: we love to celebrate with each other and often gather for virtual parties, open houses and more. We know that being an entrepreneur can be very stressful, so we are intentional about making FUN in our lives and joining together in that FUN. We want to celebrate with each other in our accomplishments and lift each others spirits when needed.
We have Private facebook group for all members that is a daily support.
This private group is sacred and contains confidential information, documents and prayer requests. It is used by all members to access each other, experts, and the leadership.
What is the best way to use this?
- Introduce yourself and get engaged in the conversation
- Share information
- Ask Questions
- Find new friends, partners, or colleagues
At NACWE, we also follow basic standards for business, integrity, and confidentiality.
As a result of that, we agree to NOT:
- Compete, solicit or chase other members
- Share other members private information
- Judge our sisters in Christ
- Hurt another member in words or deeds, by way of betrayal or gossip
- Foster Jealousy
NACWE members abide by Biblical Principles and use the 59 One Another Scriptures as our guide:
The 59 “One Anothers” of the New Testament
1. “…Be at peace with each other.” (Mark 9:50)
2. “…Wash one another’s feet.” (John 13:14)
3. “…Love one another…” (John 13:34)
4. “…Love one another…” (John 13:34)
5. “…Love one another…” (John 13:35)
6. “…Love one another…” (John 15:12)
7. “…Love one another” (John 15:17)
8. “Be devoted to one another in brotherly love…” (Romans 12:10)
9. “…Honor one another above yourselves. (Romans 12:10)
10. “Live in harmony with one another…” (Romans 12:16)
11. “…Love one another…” (Romans 13:8)
12. “…Stop passing judgment on one another.” (Romans 14:13)
13. “Accept one another, then, just as Christ accepted you…” (Romans 15:7)
14. “…Instruct one another.” (Romans 15:14)
15. “Greet one another with a holy kiss…” (Romans 16:16)
16. “…When you come together to eat, wait for each other.” (I Cor. 11:33)
17. “…Have equal concern for each other.” (I Corinthians 12:25)
18. “…Greet one another with a holy kiss.” (I Corinthians 16:20)
19. “Greet one another with a holy kiss.” (II Corinthians 13:12)
20. “…Serve one another in love.” (Galatians 5:13)
21. “If you keep on biting and devouring each other…you will be destroyed by each other.”
22. “Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other.” (Galatians 5:26)
23. “Carry each other’s burdens…” (Galatians 6:2)
24. “…Be patient, bearing with one another in love.” (Ephesians 4:2)
25. “Be kind and compassionate to one another…” (Ephesians 4:32)
26. “…Forgiving each other…” (Ephesians 4:32)
27. “Speak to one another with psalms, hymns and spiritual songs.” (Ephesians 5:19)
28. “Submit to one another out of reverence for Christ.” (Ephesians 5:21)
29. “…In humility consider others better than yourselves.” (Philippians 2:3)
30. “Do not lie to each other…” (Colossians 3:9)
31. “Bear with each other…” (Colossians 3:13)
32. “…Forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another.” (Colossians 3:13)
33. “Teach…[one another]” (Colossians 3:16)
34. “…Admonish one another (Colossians 3:16)
35. “…Make your love increase and overflow for each other.” (I Thessalonians 3:12)
36. “…Love each other.” (I Thessalonians 4:9)
37. “…Encourage each other…”(I Thessalonians 4:18)
38. “…Encourage each other…” I Thessalonians 5:11)
39. “…Build each other up…” (I Thessalonians 5:11)
40. “Encourage one another daily…” Hebrews 3:13)
41. “…Spur one another on toward love and good deeds.” (Hebrews 10:24)
42. “…Encourage one another.” (Hebrews 10:25)
43. “…Do not slander one another.” (James 4:11)
44. “Don’t grumble against each other…” (James 5:9)
45. “Confess your sins to each other…” (James 5:16)
46. “…Pray for each other.” (James 5:16)
47. “…Love one another deeply, from the heart.” (I Peter 3:8)
48. “…Live in harmony with one another…” (I Peter 3:8)
49. “…Love each other deeply…” (I Peter 4:8)
50. “Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling.” (I Peter 4:9)
51. “Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others…” (I Peter 4:10)
52. “…Clothe yourselves with humility toward one another…”(I Peter 5:5)
53. “Greet one another with a kiss of love.” (I Peter 5:14)
54. “…Love one another.” (I John 3:11)
55. “…Love one another.” (I John 3:23)
56. “…Love one another.” (I John 4:7)
57. “…Love one another.” (I John 4:11)
58. “…Love one another.” (I John 4:12)
59. “…Love one another.” (II John 5)
*From Carl F. George, Prepare Your Church for the Future (Tarrytown: Revell, 1991), 129-131
From the Founder and Leadership Team
We are so blessed to have a community such as NACWE. We love being able to share and learn together. We hold it as a sacred gift from God, all that He has provided for us.
Please let us know how we can improve or even just how happy you are!
Let’s get to work building our businesses…..
Diane Cunningham, Founder and President
NACWE Leadership Team
Jo Anne Fore, Kate Powers, Rhoda Baty, Alison Gillespie, Linda Neal, Doreen Penner, and Alyssa Avant